Jobs Job Openings in the Caribbean Desktop Publisher
ELEQT Group has an open position for an exceptional Desktop Publisher who has an exceptional eye for graphic design and who will strengthen our team with a dynamic and fresh vision on page layout and design elements, you will need to be artistic but very detail oriented and organized.
What You'll Do
As a Desktop Publisher you will use software to design page layouts and other design el-ements into a finished product. You will collect materials to create new text or artwork, work with designers and writers to create new design elements and research additional designs. You will also import electronic files and edit graphics such as photographs, scan design materials into digital images, and operating desktop publishing software programs.
You will arrange design elements on the page layout, use special formatting tools such as spacing and text size, review and edit initial proofs and fix any issue. A career as a Desk-top publisher involves converting files, and sending the final product to a printing company or using an in-house high-resolution printer to produce a master copy or copies.
What You’ll Need
- Artistic ability: You must have a good eye for how graphics and text will look to create artwork that are visually appealing, legible, and easy to read.
- Communication skills: You have to talk through different concepts for a page layout with writers, editors, and graphic designers. They listen to ideas and explain their own.
- Computer skills: You have to be good with using computer software exclusively when creating page layouts and formatting text and graphics.
- Detail oriented: When designing and reviewing page layouts, desktop publishers must pay careful attention to details such as margins, font sizes, and the overall appearance and accuracy of their work.
- Organizational skills: Desktop publishers often work under strict deadlines and must be good at scheduling and prioritizing tasks in order to have a document ready on time for publication.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work with a small, passionate and dedicated team
- Working with the top people/brands in the industry
- Startup atmosphere
- The possibility to work with the top people/brands in the industry
- A fast-paced atmosphere
If you're interested, send your resume and cover letter (all in PDF) to: